Thursday, January 12, 2006

Today's Plans and PTA

Julia and I are going to visit with Jay, Deb, and Sadietoday. I am looking forward to it and I know Sadie and Julia will have fun!

Last night at the PTA meeting, I volunteered to make calls to set up times for kindergarten screening appointments. I wanted to volunteer to go and actually help out with the registration, but obvioulsy, I can't bring Julia with me so I couldn't. When I registered Katherine last year, having parent volunteers there was a great thing. For me, having been the second time I registered a child for kindergarten, it wasn't quite as emotional as it was for some parents but, it seemed like having other parents there who had done the same thing already helped.

The other big thing at last night's meeting was the talk about the beginning of the rennovation of the old Memorial Junior High. Middleboro has a new middle school (just a few years old I think) and the old one is being rennovated and by 2007, will house kindergarten students. Last night, Katherine's principal announced (yes, the elementary principals attend PTA meetings which is so cool) that current students would be invited to the launch and would be asked to say the pledge and sing a few songs. They have little gold hammers and shovels for the kids to use to "break ground" and get the project underway. Some of our local state reps will be there. I love how they get the students invloved.

I also got a round of applause for taking on the food committee chairperson role for the annual Mardi Gras event the PTA sponsors. Apparently, it's a big thing and no one else wanted to do it. It doesn't sound too bad to me, but based on the round of applause, I am getting a little nervous, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment