Friday, January 20, 2006

Period

I suppose I should have put a warning on this entry too, eh, whatever, I am going to talk about my bleepin' period.

And yeah, there may be some language strewn about.

So, you know if you are a parental unit, or a grandparent, or anyone who might be offended by such talk, don't read the rest.


I have said many times that since I am done having children that I don't see any need for me to get my period anymore. It's nothing but a pain in the ass if you ask me.

The only way I ever know that I am going to get it (aside from just knowing based on when I got it last) is because for a few days before, I am good for nothing. I get extremely tired, to the point that I have to force myself out of bed, and still, after a cup or five of coffee, feel like I have been hit by a truck. I don't get cramps and I don't get bitchy. I just get tired.

I see no reason that menopause can't start now (except for the fact that you know my hormones will be all out of whack, hot flashes will ensue, I will probably be a cranky bitch from hell and early menopause would probably fuck my whole system up).I am already a red headed Irish woman so you know there's automatically some bitchiness inbred. I can't imagine how much worse it would get.

So anyway, I have been thinking about all of this off and on for a while. I used to get it every 30 days...I was never even a day late (or early for that matter). Now, since I have been thinking about this I have been getting my freakin' period every three weeks.

How fucking annoying is that?

Even more annoying? If I go to the doctor's the first thing that she will probably do is put me on the pill. Wouldn't that just figure? Ryun's had the big V so we don't have to worry about getting pregnant anymore and I don't have to remember to take the damn pill. Now I might have to start.


I don't want to get my period every three weeks though. That's just not feasible.

Sometimes, being a woman sucks.

On the lighter side... a conversation between Ryun, Emily and I, uploaded from one of my old blogs. This was back in 2001, when Emily was just 3 1/2 year sold.

I casually mentioned to Ryun that I could tell I was getting my period because I was cranky and feeling "fat". Emily was in the room but paying attention to whatever she was doing, or so I thought. She said to me, "I know what period means Mama." I said, "Oh yeah, what?" She said, "Period means (voice escalating) BECAUSE I SAID SO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment