Monday, January 23, 2006

Scrap That!

Monday Scrapping was rescheduled due to the weather, so we will be doing it tomorrow morning instead.

It would seem like with all of this scrapbooking going on that I would eventually run out of pictures to use. This is not true for a variety of reasons...

1. I take probably take at least 15 pictures a day, whether it be of one of the kids, a thing of nature that I find picture worthy, some food related creation I have come up with etc. Photography is kind of an obsession you could say.

2. Until we started this scrap thing, I had been slacking for..well, for a very long time. I have some major catching up to do.

3. For some reason, I am constantly coming up with new and exciting ideas to scrap...and usually, right at the last minute! A few years ago it was a Holiday Traditions book in which I took pictures of the kids partaking in various Christmas traditions (mailing cards, decorating the tree, hanging stocking etc) and then described the legend behind the tradition. These were a big hit. This year I made Family Recipe Books. I collected various recipes from different family members (under the guise that I was sick of cooking the same old things, which was partly true) and assembled the collected recipes in a scrapbook style recipe book. These may have been a bigger hit than the traditions book. Anyway, the point is, sometimes, I am so darn creative that I create more work than I already had to begin with. It's fun though and the end result is always worth it!

So that is why I never run out of scrapping...because I know you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment