Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Power

My power was out for 3 hours today. It went out at about 1:30, right in the middle of my watching American Idol which I recorded last night (BTW I don't recommend watching the auditions while eating...I thought I might lose my lunch a couple of times after hearing a few (apparently hearing impaired) people audition).

I felt like I lived in the city today. Car alarms were going off all over the place, emergency vehicles were zooming down 28 every few minutes, and all hell was breaking loose outside. The wind was unreal and the rain was something similar to what a monsoon might be like. It was kind of scary.

Anyway, lack of power meant lack of "getting stuff done" like laundry and running the dishwasher and vacuuming the livingroom and...and...and...

1 comment:

  1. Doh! Ours merely blinked, and I was thankful several times for my UPS. I would have been best advised to have shut off the computer for much of the day, the way it was blipping.

    ReplyDelete