Thursday, January 26, 2006

Technical Questions

The clock on my computer is three hours behind. I have reset it many times, but it always reverts back to the wrong time. I think somebody somewhere once told me that there was some kind of battery or something like that that keeps the time in my system and if the time was off, the battery was dead or dying. Something like that anyway. So, is this true? Is it fixable? If it is not, how can I just shut the time off completely...and not have the computer even keep the time at all?

It really isn't a huge deal but I was just curious if anyone out there might know how to fix this.

1 comment:

  1. CMOS battery. I forget the code number, but it's a standard, and they cost like 2 bucks if that. It may be that's dying. It could also be the hardware itself starting to lose its mind. Some computers I've been able to put battery after battery and never had it stick once it degraded.

    ReplyDelete