Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sweet

Scrapping went well. I took apart a scrapbook to add pages to it and it took me about a half hour to figure out how to put the damn thing together again, but other than that.

I have a million and a half things on my mind to blog about, but time is not on my side lately.

I will tell you that I am doing all kinds of research on various health/nutrition related issues (artificial sweeteners, food dyes, allergies etc) that I will be posting about just as soon as I digest it all and figure out just exactly what my standpoint is on it. There sure is a lot of information out there, some of which will take a while to go through and some of which sounds like bull, but, I am going to go through it and decide one way or the other whether to eliminate, increase, or continue with what we are doing in regard to nutrition and what we take in.

What are your thoughts? Do certain foods/additives/sweeteners affect behavior? Do they mimic or even perhaps cause such things as depression, epilepsy, or ADHD?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think they're bad in any sort of general way, but I think like anything there are probably people who are sensitive to them. I don't buy the more outrageous claims, though, like that aspertame causes MS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, probably 99.9% of claims are bunk, but anyone can have a sensitivity, and not just allergy-like, but something like causing mood changes, etc.

    Look what happens when they say something causes cancer. A lot of times it's absurd and everyone knows it up front; give mice that are bred to get cancer readily the equivalent of 1000 cans of soda a day and - surprise! - they get cancer. The dose makes the poison. When they do take something off the market, all too often we later learn it wasn't so. For instance, Cyclamates being exonerated. I remember that going off the market when I was a kid, and my grandparents calling bullturds on the whole thing and buying up lots of diet soda that went on clearance as a result.

    ReplyDelete