Friday, January 6, 2006

Busy

Today is Julia' PT Eval at Health South.

You know, just about a week or two ago I was beginning to think that this was all just getting a little out of hand. Then yesterday's mail came.

You know, when I go to the doctor with myself or any one of my children with a specific problem, such as say, an earache, or even if Emily had a seizure, I am fine. I just hate when I go for one reason and they find something else wrong.

Like, when Emily was first diagnosed. It went like this:

"She has pneumonia and and ear infection. She's a little old but it could be febrile."

"OK, she has definite seizure patterns shown on the EEG, but it is probably juvenile. Just to be safe let's have an MRI."

"Her MRI is abnormal. It looks like nothing we have ever seen before, but very similar to someone with this genetic condition called Tuberous Sclerosis. Let's do some genetic testing."

"Again, she's an anomoly. This genetic pattern is like nothing we have ever seen before. It is most definitely the cause of her seizures, ADHD, and white patches of skin and she will never outgrow this."

With Julia, I went because she couldn't walk. Then, while there, I found out she has all of these (mild but apparently still of concern) facial abnormalities come up. I hate when I go for one reason and something else comes up.

It pisses me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment