Thursday, February 9, 2006

Why I Love Being A Mom

Well, some of the reasons anyway.

I can be having the worst day known to man, and all my kids have to do is laugh and the bad day turns around.

"Popping in a video" becomes a full-fledged movie night, complete with popcorn and candy.

I have a greater appreciation for my own mother, and mothers everywhere.

A walk through the grocery store becomes a "treasure hunt."

I can roll out of bed in the morning looking like I got hit by a truck, and Katherine will still say to me, "Mom, you're beautiful." That's just awesome.

I can relive my childhood through them by doing such things as throwing a ball with them in the yard, playing Twister or Go Fish, or even watching some of my favorite childhood movies such as Swiss Family Robinson, or Pollyanna, or the original Parent Trap.

I can live my life knowing that everything I do, everything I say, everything I think will influence another's life. While this responsibility is huge, it's one I can't even imagine my life without.

I know the true meaning, from a parent's perspective, of unconditional love.

Everyday, no matter what is going on, no matter how good or bad things are going, my life has a deeper meaning than it did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment