Tuesday, February 28, 2006

More About The Results

I talked to Julia's doctor again. She is also going to schedule the EEG, just to make sure there was nothing going on with those random "wake up in the middle of the night and freak out" things that were going on a few weeks back. Because the MRI and EEG will both require sedation, she is going to try her best to schedule them on the same day, thereby only needing the sedation once. I should be finding out in a week or so as to when that appointment is.

So I was thinking about how completely awesome it is that Julia's results came back negative. Awesome just because she doesn't have it, but also awesome because it means so much more than that. It means that Ryun and I more than likely did not pass this down to Emily. It means that Emily was a random genetic occurence. It means that if Julia doesn't have it, most likely, Katherine doesn't either.

And you know, if I had to choose any one of my children to have it (not that I would ever wish this or want this for anyone, especially one of my kids) I would chose Emily. Why? Simply because Emily is not going to let anything stand in her way. No matter what her future holds, Emily is going to meet every challenge that comes her way, head on...and she will overcome. It's just the way she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment