Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy HallmarkValentine's Day

As is probably evident by this entry's title, I don't really buy too much in to this so called holiday.

I do however, make it a big deal, for the kids sake. It certainly doesn't hurt to remind everyone you love that you do, and given the nature of the day, it's seems like an appropriate time to remind them.

So, in anticipation of that, I put together little gift bags for Emily, Katherine and Julia. I gave Emily and Katherine a couple of mini erasers shaped like hearts, a little stamp to use with their arts and crafts things, and of course, some candy. Julia got a box of Sweethearts, which BTW, she absolutely loves.

I made the cake I mentioned in a previous entry, and will be decorating the table tonight with Valentine's papergoods, and throwing Sweethearts all over the tablecloth to serve as decorations. The kids always get so excited about things like this (I do the same thing for St. Patricks Day and birthdays etc) and they love it.

So for them, and the reaction they have, it's so worth spending the few extra dollars on gifts and papergoods.

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment