Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's official!

I have joined the Middleboro MOMS Club!

I have thought about doing this at least a million times. I don't know what stopped me really but I think that it was a combination of me bing shy (yeah I know, right?) and me not wanting to answer "the questions" that always seem to come up when someone discovers that Julia can't walk yet. I know people are just trying to help or offer support but sometimes, even with the best of intentions, it's just hard. It's also difficult sometimes for me to see say, a 14 month old child running.

Anyway, I decided to bite the bullet and join. It will be nice to meet other Mom's from Middleboro and it will be nice for Julia to make a few friends.

It seems like from the package I received in the mail that the group has weekly activities (playgroups, field trips etc), a monthly business meeting, and a monthly Moms Night Out. They also have an active Yahoo group where people post about the upcoming activities, share ideas, or ask questions.

I think joining will be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment