Friday, February 10, 2006

PTA

I have been meaning to blog about the PTA meeting the other night. It's probably nothing exciting to anyone who doesn't live in Middleboro but that's okay.

Anyway, every time I go to a meeting, I learn something about either the town, the school system or the PTA itself that makes me so happy to live in this town. Wednesday night I learned that every year, the PTA sponsors $5000 worth of mini grants for the teachers in the elementary school. The mini-grants are $150 each and are on a first come first serve basis I think (not exactly sure how it works as far as who gets one and who doesn't) but either way I was impressed. The teachers use the grant money to purchase things for their classrooms, which obviously enhances the learning experience for the children.

I also got all of the information I need to run the food committee. Basically, I am going around to local businesses to get donations and setting up a schedule for the day of the event. On the day of the event, I will be picking up the donations and whatnot.

I already have calls/emails out to most of the people on my committee so I think I am in good shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment