Sunday, February 12, 2006

Valentine Activity: With Pictures!

Taking advantage of being stuck in the house (we're having a blizzard here) Emily, Katherine and I worked on their Valentine's cards for school.

Being a fan of all things homemade, I decided to try something different this year. We made our cards.

Here's what we did.

I took a playing card, and used it as a guide to cut cards out of cardstock paper. Then, Emily and I drew "A's" on the top left and bottom right corners of each cards I had cut out. Using Word, I printed out a bunch of little pieces of paper that read, "Valentine, you're an ace in my book." The girls glued these on to the front of the cards, decorated them with Valentine's stickers, and signed their name on the back.
Here's a picture of one of Emily's completed cards:



After we made a handful of those, we went on to the next project. Earlier in the week, I had cut out a bunch of folded hearts. I printed out 6 inch rulers and cut everything down to size. I printed out a bunch of pieces of paper that read, "Valentine, you rule!" The girls put the rulers inside the fold of the heart, taped them on, and then stuck the little saying on the front of the heart. They wrote their names on the back and again used stickers to embellish.

Here is a picture of one of Katherine's completed hearts.





I am creative, but these ideas weren't entirely my own...gotta give credit where credit is due, you know?

I stole these ideas (and added a little of my own creativity)from, of course, Family Fun Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment