Sunday, February 26, 2006

Kids...

So, I was thinking.

This weekend, I had 7 kids at my house. Yes 7 kids, ranging in age from 14 years - 19 months.

There was laughing and crying, playing and yelling, chaos and calm.

There were 10 people seated at the dinner table and a handful of people sacked out on the livingroom floor.

There were kids in the yard, kids in the house, kids in the playroom, kids in every bedroom.

At times, the kitchen was a disaster.

Most of the time, the livingroom looked like a hurricane had blown through.

Toys and pieces of toys had taken over the house.

The game system got more play time than it has in the entire time we have had it.

The tv was on more than it wasn't.

The computer was on overtime.

Early this afternoon, my company left...and I was sad.

Suddenly, I realized that I liked the craziness.

I liked cooking for a large group.

I liked listening to the laughter and the crying and the playing and the yelling and the chaos and the calm.

I liked tripping over sleeping bags filled with warm, sleeping children, in an attempt to go upstairs to get the crying baby.

I liked the blare of the tv and the steady hum of the computer working.

I liked hearing a child screaming, running in to find out what had happened, only to find out that it was someone on the video game screaming and not a "real" person.

Today, I realized that yes, for all of those who have ever asked, if I could ever convince Ryun (which I know I won't and will not ever even attempt to do), I would probably have a whole brood!

No comments:

Post a Comment