Friday, July 28, 2006

West End Playground

Have you ever taken a set of pictures that well, really spoke to you?

I have...today as a matter of fact.

Julia and I deciede to head over to the famed "Sheehy's Tot Lot"(I say "famed" only because I have heard so much about it from so many people and have yet to visit until today), more commonly referred to as the "West End Playground."

The playground equipment is specifically designed for "tots" ages 2-5. Julia had a ball. Just outside the perimeter of the playground there's a grassy, wooded area with a stream that runs though. There's an old wooden bridge across the stream, and once across, you will find yourself in the middle of a large grassy area, perfect to set up a picnic in.

So the pictures...they just came out so great...really capturing the innocence of childhood and showcasing nicely I thought, the area surrounding. There are a lot of these kinds of places in Middleboro...from this little park to the Herring Run to my own backyard...Middleboro is a very pretty place to live.

And now I give you, the pictures.


















2 comments:

  1. Is this the one on the dead end road, if you go through Everett Square up... I think it's Central Street... toward 28, and take a left across from or shortly after the cemetary? Then the playground is on the left, with an adjacent ball field beyond? If the road didn't dead end, it would go through the apartment complex on 28 before you get to Peaceful Meadows.

    That's the one I used to go to when I was a kid. They always had some of the little kid bouncy things, and there was swampy area behind it you could go through toward Nevertouch Pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that's the one. They just redid the whole playground a couple of years ao and it's great for kids Julia/Sadie's age. I'll have to give you guys a call next time we head over there...Julai and Sadie would have fun together!

    ReplyDelete