Friday, July 7, 2006

We're Back...

...and I have the BEST BEST BEST news for y'all. Not only does Emily not have ESES but her EEG was COMPLETELY NORMAL...as in, no seizure activity or indication thereof at all!

When I asked the neurologist what exactly that meant he said: "It's a heck of a lot easier to tell you what an abnormal one means. All I can tell you about these results is that they mean "very good news."

I'll say.

I am still on cloud 9 and for those who may be curious, I am still wondering if God had some involvement in the whole thing. Could this be a miracle?

She still has a repeat MRI scheduled for next week (it was going to be done while we were there but due to a paperwork nightmare, it never happened). I am going to confirm with her regular neurologist as to whether or not this still needs to be done (although I am thinking he will say yes, to see if anything has changed in that regard as well). It will also be helpful to Dr. S to see if he has "come across" anyone else like Emily.

Of course, we all know there is no one else like Emily, but we can keep that little secret to ourselves (wink wink).


Anyway, I took pictures!


I snapped this one while she was watching tv.


Smiling just before bed time on Wednesday night.

This is a snapshot of the monitor that was used to "track" Emily around the room. If she got up to go look out the window for example, I would touch the screen and it would follow her to the window.


Here she is displaying her window painting that the playroom coordinator set up for her to do.




The above two pictures are of what her hair looked like after she had the leads taken off. YIKES!






And finally, the last group of photos are of the view outside our room, both during the day and at sunset. For those familiar with the area, we are looking out over the Longwood Galleria Food Court.

5 comments: