Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Next New Feature: My Favorite Summer Recipes!

There's nothing like a nice, cool summer salad or a freshly grilled burger to signify summer.

Y'all know how I feel about cooking. I do it because I have to. I think I do a fairly good job of it...no one seems to be starving anyway!

Something about summer cooking though, always appeals to me. Fresh fruits and vegetables just look better to me during the summer. Cooking outdoors is somehow fun to me. I love my grill...seriously it's an almost an obsessed love affair I have with the thing (y'all need to ask Ryun about my...ahem...reaction to the new grill we had to get earlier this season).

This feature will run every Wednesday!

So, dear readers, I give you...

Caesar Beef Kabobs

Ingredients:

1 lb steak tips, cut

1/2 c caesar dressing (I use Cardini's...yum) divided in half

8 small red potatoes

1 large green pepper, cut small

1 large onion, cut small

cherry tomatoes

Directions

Marinate meat in 1/4 c of caesar

Boil potatoes, simmer for 10 minutes.

Toss pepper, onion and tomatoes with remaining dressing.

Drain potatoes and add to vegetable mix, toss well.

Assemble all on skewers, cook on grill til meat is cooked through and veggies are heated thoroughly.

1 comment: