Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fun At The Cape Cod Canal

Early this afternoon, I decided to take Julia down for a walk along the canal.
For the first time ever, I saw the train bridge lower for the train to cross. It was kind of cool, and, well, I filmed it!

Here you go...

Here is the bridge as it is lowering.

Here it is, almost level with the road on either side of the bridge.

Finally, here is the train crossing the bridge.

As you can tell by the sound in the video's it was really windy today. It was a warm wind though, so it was actually kind of nice.


Below are some still shots of the bridge, at it's highest, and then about 2/3 of the way down.







I took a few other pictures that I will share as well.



The Coast Guard patrolling the waters.



Some kind of bird swooping down just above the water.



The Marion Canal Patrol boat cruises by.

And of course, Miss. Julia May.



Here she is showing me where her teeth are.



She was quite amused by the gulls that were flying around. Here is a shot of her looking up at one as it circled overhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment