Monday, May 28, 2007

Weekend

The weekend is over, and I actually have a few minutes to update. It was a nice weekend, with the possible exception of today which involved multiple sips of Pepto Bismol, but you know, other than that.

Ryun and I went out on Friday night to the Gateway Tavern. As usual, the food was excellent. We continued on Route 6 for a while, heading toward Fairhaven and stopped at the Lighthouse in Mattapossiet. As I pointed out to Ryun while we were there, there is no sound as peaceful and calming as the water lapping gently up against the rocks. We could have stayed much longer, if it weren't for the damn mosquito's. On the way back we stopped at Kool Kone for an ice cream. Saturday morning we went to Dave's for breakfast and I went and spent the day with the kids at my parents pool. Ryun had yard related work to do and also ended up fixing the stairs that lead up to the deck. The pool was so nice, we went back the next day and spent the better part of the afternoon swimming. I took pictures of course, and have posted them below.


Here's Emily, looking quite matter of fact.


A pretty good profile shot of Katherine, who was laughing at one of the guys working on the landscaping in my parents yard.


I love this shot of Emily.

Kelly came with her kids on Sunday and brought leftover cake from Jackie's birthday, which Julia did a nice job of wearing for the camera. She was very tired too, as you can tell.

When she started nodding off during lunch on Saturday, I snuggled Julia all up on one of the lounges, and she was asleep in less than five minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment