Saturday, May 5, 2007

Katherine: The Updated Version

Shocking(NOT) results: Katherine has strep again. This time around, the doc prescribed Augmentin. He was alarmed of course, that she had it three times in thirty days time, so we are going back in two weeks, after she is done with this round of antibiotics, to see if she could perhaps be a "carrier" of strep throat. I am not quite sure how this can be given what I have read about being a "carrier"(to my knowledge this means that the strep bacteria are always present but that symptoms of strep are not). The bacteria part makes sense but she certainly has had the symptoms (a low grade fever and um, a sore throat). Of course, I left the office before the question occurred...so I will just ask when we go back in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, whatever.

She had to miss yet another birthday party because of this. She is such a trooper though. A few tears were shed (understandably) but once I explained (again) how she didn't want her friends to get sick too, she was fine (I am sure the promise of ice cream on the way home from the doc's may have helped too). Whatever works I say.

We have the annual Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow at Ryun's grandmothers, which I am, as of right now still planning on taking Katherine to. By the time we get there, she will have had a full 24 hours of medicine doses in her, so she won't be contagious anymore. As long as she is feeling up to it, we will be there and if not, Ryun will take Emily and Julia regardless.

1 comment: