Monday, November 20, 2006

Why I Rock

I mean, besides you know, the obvious reasons.

You know when you call tech support and you try this and you try that and you try this again and no matter what they tell you and what you do you can't get the damn thing to work? You realize that the tech has no idea what the hell they are talking about and wonder why every tech you talk to barely speaks the English language?

Yeah well, after emails and phone calls, a few choice words aimed directly at my computer and laptop, I am proud to say that I am typing and posting this from my laptop. Tech support was of no assistance, so I managed to figure out how to install the wireless software without the disc on my own and, by God, it actually works!

I have no patience for these kinds of things but, I usually manage to figure it out somehow (but please don't ask me how).

Yay though for being able to use the internet from anywhere in the house!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah!Someone besides me cannot understand the people at the other end of the phone when trying to get help.I will admit I have a lot to learn about these computers, but it would certainly help if the people trying to help me could speak the English language. Does anyone besides me see that these other countries are going to put us under in this coutry because NOTHING is being done HERE even tech support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't understand most of the tech support people. I'm lucky enough that I don't usually have to call them. I can either figure it out, or have friends, or family I can ask. Alot of the people I play online with know more then 90% of the tech support people out there. Jay is also a great help with a large number of things, Although I can't always tell what he's saying. :-P
    Isn't wireless awsome? Some nights I just don't feel like sitting here so if I want to do computer stuff I bring the laptop up to bed.
    You do rock!
    Kathy what are you doing up at 3am?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site must be on PST. Cause mine says 3:35 am too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clock battery on my computer is dead(or dying) so it's off by 3 hours...hence the oddball times! Oh yeah, and Wayne, I happen to think you rock too! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah......thats my big sis....she rocks! I am usually the free tech support for the fam and because I did not have to help Shazzy with this......well that was just GREAT!! Since I live up here in Haverhill, I would have to help her over the phone....and well you all agreed how much fun phone support is!! I do speak English though so I have that going for me! well back to work......uugghh

    ReplyDelete