Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Why I LOVE Middleboro...Reason Number...

Tonight was "Family Literacy Night" at the Goode School. I brought Katherine, along with a book, blanket and stuffed animal to her school cafeteria where we sat and listened to a "guest reader" (the school's media director). We were then invited to spill out in to the hallways where we could find our own little spot, and quietly read together. Katherine and I parked oursleves in the alcove of a classroom doorway and read the book she had picked out, before we went off to room 22 to listen to the next "guest reader." Katherine absolutely LOVED it.

I thought the night itself was fantastic but what impressed me most? The presence of every elementary principal and vice principal (including of course the Principal and Vice Principal off Goode School) and the superintendent. The kindergarten and grades 3-5 principals did not need to come, and the superintendent of schools had no reason he had to be there either. They just came. And I think that's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment