Tuesday, November 7, 2006

The Case Of The Missing Pizza Stones

Having a major craving for something chocolate, I decided to whip up a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies. I preheated the stove, mixed the ingredients and went to find my pizza stones (which I always bake cookies on because they never burn when I cook them on that).

Only problem? I couldn't find them. Anywhere. I mean I tore the cabinets apart, even looked in places I know I would never have put them. They're gone.

So now I am second guessing myself. If one was missing I might not think anything of it but what is the liklihood of losing two stones? Maybe I left them somewhere? It would be kind of a weird thing to serve something on but I am at a loss here.

8 comments:

  1. Ryun didn't use them to make something did he? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred Flintstone maybe borrowed them as spare tires?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Wayne, believe me, I tried to blame Ryun first but alas, he had no idea where they were! Jay, at this point, that sounds like a plausible explanation! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. pizza stones for cookies, REALLY??? hmmm i'll have to try mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Trace, they work awesome! Mine are from Pampered Chef, but I assume any old stone would work! I have also cooked chicken and pork chops on them...yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I was intrigued by the idea. Not that I have a pizza stone. Laurie had one someone gave her, and I'm not sure she used it more than once or twice. If they have other good uses besides pizza, that makes them far more useful to own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to try that out too. I don't have a pizza stone but have been tempted to get one in the past. If they can be used for more then pizza all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pizza Stine are AWESOME I use them for warming up fried food and it makes it crunchy again and cuts half of the grease too.
    I couldn't live without them.

    ReplyDelete