Sunday, November 12, 2006

Update

In keeping with the usual craziness, we had a busy weekend here. Friday night was the crop at the Mitchell Club (which turned out to be fantastic, even though I wasn't feeling the "scrapbooking vibe"...I ended up making an entire calendar for my sister and had fun)! Saturday was my nephew Jack's 1st birthday party at my parents house. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and my father (being the awesome "Papa" that he is) blew all of the leaves in to piles for the kids to play in. Julia was a little hesitant at first but it wasn't long before she was covering her sisters and friends in leaves. I can't believe that Jack is one already. Sadly, I didn't get one good picture, otherwise, y'all know I would be posting it here!

I ended up going back to my parents last night for some "Father/Daughter Bonding" which included such things as a yummy dinner from the Chicken House (thanks Dad) and the movie, "CARS." It was quite an interesting night (First we couldn't find a Chicken House Menu so I called Ryun, and asked him to scan it and email it (which he needed blow by blow instructions for...he is so not computer savy). The email never came so we called the Chicken House and asked if we could somehow access the menu online, which they said no but that they would fax it. The fax never came so I called again and it finally came through. Then we decided to rent a movie using "On Demand" and that didn't work. So I called Adelphia (soon to be Comcast) and waited online forever, only to have it start working as soon as I got someone on the line. We scanned through the movies and couldn't find one we liked so we ended up watching a borrowed copy of "Cars" from Nana Judy. My father went to get the food and they screwed up the order (he was supposed to have extra mashed potatoes but they didn't give him any, never mind extra). As if all of that wasn't enough, about half way through the movie, the damn thing stopped working, and no matter what we did it wouldn't come back. I ended up leaving after that). So yeah, nothing was going our way, but it was laughable in the end. (Oh, and this morning my father came over with coffee for Ryun and I and munchkins for the kids and found the mashed potatoes container on the floor of his car...apparently it had fallen out of the bag).

Ryun is changing the oil and fixing the brakes in my sisters car today (and hopefully fixing the windshield washer tube thingy in my car when he is done). Heather is coming over to play a game and perhaps watch a movie with the kids, eating dinner with us and heading home.

I have a couple of projects I want to work on, if this pounding headache decides to take leave.

Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment