Friday, November 17, 2006

The weather...

...has been so warm here, it's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week. Even with two, yes two radio stations playing all Christmas music all of the time, getting in the holiday spirit has been, well difficult.

In a vain attempt though, I present you with the last email meme: Holiday Favorites!



Favorite Christmas Song: If I had to pick just one I think it would be Merry Christmas Darling by Karen Carpenter. Besides the fact that it just a great song, it reminds of Christmas Eve's long gone by. When I was a kid we used to go to my Aunt Muriel's house every year. My parents used to leave some lights on around the house and have the Carpenters 8 track playing, in an attempt to thwart any possible burglars. Apparently, Christmas Eve is a popular time for home break-ins.

Favorite Holiday Dish and/or Dessert: Fudge and Peanut Brittle...yummy.

Favorite Christmas Movie: "A Christmas Story" of course. It's a classic.

Best gift ever received as a kid: I remember being really excited about getting a new bike. I even remember that it was maroon in color.

As an adult: Probably the gift of my kids on Christmas morning. There is nothingthat compares to the magic of Christmas morning when you have children. Nothing.

Favorite Holiday Tradition: I loved our Christmas Eve tradition when I was a kid. We used to stop and pick up Ma, head to Roslindale to visit my Aunt Marie, and then to Aunt Muriel's for Christmas Eve dinner. Those memories warm my heart just thinking of them. The tradition has kind of changed over time. Ma and Aunt Marie have passed on, and Aunt Muriel has handed the "Christmas Eve Reins" over to my cousin Maura.

Favorite "Part" Of the Holiday Season: being with my family...that is what it's all about for me. Egg Nog and Christmas music...Egg Nog with a little Kalhua is even better...LOL.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Christmas with my kids even more than I enjoyed it when I was a kid...

    ReplyDelete