Thursday, November 3, 2005

Update

Emily is home with me today and is definitely under the weather. She's mellow, and calm and just so not herself. Don't take this the wrong way, but it's kind of nice. I love the wired, silly, always on the go Emily too, but it is nice to get a break every once in a while. Of course, I would prefer the break occur under different circumstances (like her not being sick) but what can you do?

Katherine had a meltdown this morning when she found out Emily would not be going to school but when it came time to actually go outside and wait for the bus, she was fine. She got on without shedding a tear and the whole thing just went so much better than I had envisioned. Speaking of Katherine, I have her parent teacher conference this afternoon. I am pretty sure she is doing well, but it will be nice to hear it from the teacher. I am sure the whole "adjustment" thing will come up but she definitely seems to be getting past that so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Last night I had a meeting regarding the new elementary report cards. Don't you hate people who just, before they even hear what the presenter has to say, get on their high horse regarding why the new thing sucks and how we should all do this that or the other thing? Drives me nuts. Just listen to the presentation. Then talk. Some people are just so opposed to change that they don't even consider the possibility that the change might be a good thing. Sheesh. Anyway, I think the new report card will be great. I might post more about it at some point, after I read through the materials, but it seems like it will be much more informative and help to better understand exactly how your child is doing.

I am hoping to attend my regular meeting tonight but, between the parent/teacher conference, banking, and dinner, I am not sure if it will work out. I am really going to try though because some decisions are going to be made that I would like to be a part of (logistical stuff mostly but some other things too).

No comments:

Post a Comment