Thursday, November 17, 2005

Arrival

That head cold I was talking about? Yeah, it's here. Being a sick Mom is hard work, which I am sure all you other Mom's out there can agree with. Sometimes, only sometimes, I wish I was a kid again when being sick meant spending the day lounging in bed or on the couch watching cartoons. When someone else actually took care of me...Besides me. Ahh, those were the days.

Do you ever feel like no matter what you do, things are just not going to go right? For example this cold. Why did it have to come today? Couldn't it have set in earlier in the week, when I had nothing to do? Of course not...it comes today...when Julia had PT, Emily has her appointment with her neuro, I have my regular Thursday night meeting. I am probably going to skip the meeting but I certainly could not have skipped PT or Emily's appointment.

Oh yeah, my father had to bring Julia and I to PT. Why you ask? Because cars suck, that's why. On Tuesday while waiting in line to pick Emily up from school, one of my brake lines decided to snap. Great timing huh? So I drove to Burtwood with no brakes to speak of and then all the way home afterward. I contemplated calling AAA but I didn't want to wait the hour with the baby for them to come rescue me. It was kind of fun though. I went 20 mph all the way home down 28 and had people flipping me off and passing me like nobody's business. Road rage at it's finest. Screw you people, I had my hazards on...obviously something was wrong. Who in the name of God would drive that slow without a reason? Sheesh.

Besides old people. They don't need an excuse to drive slow. They just do.

Anyway, my mother is going to come with me (and act as chauffeur) this afternoon for Emily's appointment. I have only ever been once by myself. It's nice to have the extra support though. Thankfully, this appointment is in Cape Cod, rather than in town. Driving to Cape Cod is much less stressful. Going to see a neurologist with your kid is enough stress, dontcha think?

One more observation regarding my cold: I always get a cold either right before or after that time of month. I guess my hormones are all out of whack and my immune system isn't up to par? I don't know. It's a fairly new thing...like since after I had Julia. It's just weird, predictable, and annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment