Saturday, November 5, 2005

Busy

I always feel like such a slacker when I don't update.

Anyway, I 've been busy...and tired. Poor Julia is cutting four teeth at once and has been up for the better part of the last two nights. She really is the worst "teether" of the three, Emily and Katherine were never bothered by it. Just an FYI: Motrin works better than Tylenol.

My sister and I took the kids to the playground in Carver today. I have lived in Middleboro for 2 1/2 years now, and have never ventured over to the twon playground. I always go to Carver because it is so nice. It's only a few years old, completely enclosed and the kids love it. I suppose I should check out the Middleboro one at some point. I have seen it from a slight distance and it does look nice.

Ryun is out playing poker tonight so Heather is here and we are going to watch our Thursday night shows that we recorded. She ate dinner with us too.

During dinner, Katherine looked over at Julia's tray, which was covered with carrots and corn and yelled out, "HEY WHY DOES SHE GET CANDY CORN?" She was dead serious. That's what I love about Katherine...well, one of the many things I love about her! The other day she said Ryun, "Dad, could you please put the toilet seat down when you're done going to the bathroom?" There was something about that, perhaps it was the matter of fact way in which she said it, that had me laughing so hard I was in tears. Poor Ryun is no doubt going to have years and years of "put the toilet seat down" reminders.

She says things like that all of the time. The other day she came home and said, in all seriousness, "Mom, everyone in my class is from Middleboro." Then, we were driving on the highway and a mack truck passed us and she said, "MOM, WE'RE GOING BACKWARDS."

Oh my God, she just cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment