Friday, October 14, 2005

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

I have been up since 5 o'clock this morning. There is something inherently wrong with that.

I didn't go to bed until midnight (watched ER, the news at 11, did a few random things around the house and then went to bed) so I am kind of tired. I forgot to take Ibuprofen (which I have been doing before bed every night since I fell) so I woke up this morning in throbbing pain and could barely get out of bed. I did manage to make it out to the bathroom so that I could get a really hot face cloth and spread it over my knee. It helped a little. I keep thinking that taking a really hot bath would work wonders but I am afraid that I won't be able to get out of the tub, literally. It's weird how this whole thing seems to be going. One day it feels fine basically and the next day (like today for example) it feels almost as bad as it did when it happened. I am still walking with a limp. Even when I try to walk right, I can't.

Anyway, enough whining.

Katherine went off to school today as she was fine all day yesterday eating regular food and such. Today was one of those days where the bus left and I said, "Thank God." Those days don't happen often thankfully.

My meeting last night went well. I think Emily will really benefit from seeing someone, even if it's just so that she has something she does "all by herself." Let me tell you, I never realized how difficult it would be to find time to spend individually with each kid, by themselves, with no siblings around. It's hard, and of all three children, I think Emily needs that one on one attention thing the most. So, I am going to make more of an effort. Between the counseling and me, I think we might be heading in the right direction.

I have been busy thinking about ideas for the Halloween party. I wanted to try to make some "festive" foods this year to go with the whole Halloween theme. I have a few ideas but if y'all have any you want to share, feel free. I have great costume ideas for Ryun and I, ones that will be cheap and relatively easly to construct. Now, I just have to sell Ryun on them. Emily keeps asking when we are going to have a Halloween party that includes kids (ours have always been without the rugrats...my parents have them for the night) and I was thinking that it might be fun sometime to have a separate party that would include kids. We could decorate cookies, have a bobbing for apples contest, trick or treat around the house in a sort of hide and seek type method(hide the candy, kids have to find it). It could be fun. I don't think I could organize it this year, but I might do it next year and start that as a new traditon. We have enough friends that have kids so that it would be worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment