Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Whole Bunch Of Stuff!

Today was Julia's first physical therapy appointment. It went well, I think, and I did get some good ideas of different things I can try at home to encourage the standing/walking. Her PT did a check today to make sure that nothing was "out of place" in her hip/leg area and everything seemed to be where it is supposed to be. She did reccomend that I follow up with Julia's pediatrician to see if further testing is necessary, and possibly with Emily's neurologist who, incidentally, specializes in developmental disabilities. So, tonight or perhaps tomorrow morning, I am going to put together a packet of information regarding Julia's EI visits (we get a sheet at the end of every EI/PT visit describing what we have worked on etc, her progress, and any other pertinent information to send to both her pediatrician and the neurologist for review.

You know, I really am fine once I know what is going on. For me, knowing is half the battle.

Moving on...I sent Katherine to school today in tears. Don't even ask me how hard that was because I couldn't possibly put it in to words, but I had to do it and I did. Emily sat with her today which hopefully helped. I haven't gotten one call from the school today (someone knock on wood for me) so I am hopeful that she had a good day. *NURSE JUST CALLED...KATHERINE HAD A MUCH BETTER DAY TODAY, SUGAR TESTED AT 85 JUST BEFORE LUNCH WHICH IS NOT LOW, BUT ON THE LOWER SIDE OF NORMAL, NURSE HAS PERMISSION TO TREAT WHEN LOWER THEN 70.*

Emily has Girl Scouts today and it is her turn to bring snack for the troop. I decided to try the Candy Corn Fudge recipe on her unsuspecting troopmates...hopefully it came out good. I am going to take it out of the fridge in a few, cut it, and try a piece. I do have a back up box of Goldfish just in case! Her troop is going to the fire station today which is just down the street from the Girl Scout House. She is very excited about this!

And on a completely random note, what is it about sticking your hand in a VCR that seems to attract every baby/toddler everywhere (yeah, I just had to pull Julia's hand out of the VCR)?

No comments:

Post a Comment