Monday, October 17, 2005

Medical

I did manage to get a couple of things done...nothing huge though. I changed our address with the RMV and the IRS. Like I said, not much but it had to be done so at least I can cross it off of the list.

I have been thinking about how I really should be calling about the random bed wetting issues Emily had a couple of weeks ago (especially since it is now apparent that it wasn't a UTI) but I just don't want to find out something else is wrong...or that she has had another seizure. I know that this is wrong on so many fronts but I am just sick of all this crap. If she did have a seizure she 's obviously fine so why bother? I know I have to do this, I just don't want to.

It never ends. When I went to the nurse to drop of Katherine's glucometer, she told me Katherine had been in 5 times complaining of a stomachache. Then, when I was waiting for them to get home off of the bus, she called and told me that Katherine has been making frequent(by frequent I mean 3-4 times within an hour) trips to the bathroom. WTF? Honestly, I am beginning to wonder if this is some sort of delayed reaction to being away from home all day everyday. Her chief complaint has been a stomachache, which would be consistent with a nervous /butterflies type thing. And what the heck is up with the nurse? Goddamn she's on top of things...maybe just a little too on top of things. So my kid has to pee a lot. Get over it. I know it can be disrupting but it's just annoying on some level.

What the heck? While I am on the medical rant, let's move on to Julia. I know that all kids move at their own pace and everyone is going to tell me, "Oh don't worry, she'll be fine" blah blah blah but, I think I have a right to be concerned. She is fifteen months old. In my opinion, she should at the very least be standing unsupported, even supported would be ok. She can't. She can not pull herself to standing and when placed in that position, her legs give way and she falls in to a sitting postion. I am sorry, this just isn't right. Moving at your own pace is one thing. Moving months behind the "general pace of the crowd" is another. I am going to talk to her PT this week and see what she has to say. I also plan on bringing these issues up when she has her 15 month check up next week.


You know, I feel a little bad going on and on about all of this stuff all of the time. The people I should be able to talk to this about (well not all of the people but some) just don't understand and support me the way I need to be understood and supported. It's a fact of my life that I basically have come to terms with and as a result, this is just about my only means of venting.

2 comments:

  1. Keep on venting. Better to vent than keeping it all bottled up inside. Don't blame you for being concerned about Julia all mothers would feel the same way. Hopefully all will be ok. My Laurie was slow to walk. I swore she just was lazy and liked being carried. If I remember correctly she was almost 15 months old.I will remember her and you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on venting. Better to vent than keeping it all bottled up inside. Don't blame you for being concerned about Julia all mothers would feel the same way. Hopefully all will be ok. My Laurie was slow to walk. I swore she just was lazy and liked being carried. If I remember correctly she was almost 15 months old.I will remember her and you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete