Friday, October 14, 2005

Just Because

Of course, just because I said she was fine, she wasn't.

Yup, the school nurse called today and said Katherine was complaining of a stomach ache and sore throat, and that she had a slight fever. So, I went to get her...again.

Then, we came home and she picked up a snowglobe that I had stupidly left on the coffee table while organizing earlier, and dropped it. It shattered in to millions of little pieces, broke the glass that we have covering our coffee table and cut Katherine's toe. At first, because of the amount of blood, Ithought we might be making a trip to the ER for stitches (it bled like a head wound does...and those bleed a lot even when the cut is tiny) but, after applying pressure and washing it to make sure there was no glass in it, she was fine. I have no idea where she gets her pain tolerance from but the girl never cries. She came in to the kitchen, said (rather loudly but not crying), "I dropped the thing and a piece cut my toe." I was on my way in to see what in the name of God the noise was so I had her sit in a chair, took her sock off and apply pressure with a towel while I cleaned up the mess. She never cried once and she never does (not because she is hurt anyway). Basically, all she ever needs is a hug and she's good to go.

I have to drive to Waltham on Monday to get a glucometer and test strips to have on file at school. I could buy one I suppose but her doctor will give us one free. It's kind of a pain to get there but whatever. The nurse is very adament that it be there.

Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment