Thursday, October 27, 2005

Translation

All of my dreams usually mean bad things (misfortune, bad luck, health in jeopardy etc). For once, I have had two dreams that actually mean something good.

The first one involved Ryun, my sisters, and I taking the kids to an indoor beach (whatever that is). I was in the water about waste high, taking pics of the Emily and Katherine splashing and playing in front of me...maybe about 20 ft away or so. Out of nowhere, the water began to rise rapidly and it was up to my neck. I was looking for the kids but there were a ton of people and I couldn't see them. I started motioning to my sister to help me, all the time, holding my camera in the air so it wouldn't get wet (as if I wouldn't drop my camera and swim immediately to the kids ...but this is a dream and not real life so what can you do?). I started to see the kids, who were struggling to keep above the water, not exactly drowning but definitely in trouble. As I got closer, Katherine went under completely. When I finally made my way to them, the water had started to go down and they were fine.

Here's my interpetation of that: The things that are going on with them(seizures, blood sugar, etc) are beyond my control (hence the drowning and my inability to stop it). I am getting too deeply involved and worrying too much. The part where they were ok: in real life, they will be ok. The water rising and subsiding: all hell is breaking loose now but it will get better.

The next dream involved a bridge. In past dreams (one that is recurring) I have dreamed of being on a bridge that was not finished...and plunging off of the end in to the water. This dream was so much better!

I was standing just before the bridge. there was a sign that said, "If you have never been on this bridge, please go here first( and it had an arrow pointing to a sectioned off part of the bridge in which there were people milling about looking very confused, sad and bewildered). The other part of the bridge showed people and cars zooming by, without any hesitation or reservation. I stood there for a very long time (having never been on the bridge) contemplating which side to go on. I was very torn over this decision. In the end, after much struggle I ended up choosing the side with the cars and people flying by.

Interpretation: For some, going over the bridge might seem like a reckless decision. For my though it symbolized something completely different: My life is taking a new and healthier path. No more sad Sharon...no more indecisive Sharon. Let's meet life's challenges head on and with gusto. Cross over the bridge to the other side..where no doubt better times are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment