Thursday, October 20, 2005

Tears

Katherine.

Getting on the bus.

Again.

I can only take so much of this. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to put your child on the bus in tears? I hope you never have to find out.

It's getting to be kind of a serious problem. I don't know what to do about it. Obviously I can't let her stay home. She keeps asking me to drive her to school but I can' t have her getting used to that either (especially since I have no good feeling that we wouldn't have the same tears and what not as I dropped her off at her classroom). I have tried to encourage her, even offered to set up some sort of a reward system or something if she goes off ok, doesn't visit the bathroom or the nurse often etc. She seems to think that would be a good idea but even today, when I said I would set something up while she was at school, she walked all the way to the bus, turned around and ran back to me in tears. She is making herself sick to her stomach literally (every morning before school she spends a good part of the free time she has left after getting ready in the bathroom). Any thoughts? Anyone? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment