Thursday, October 20, 2005

Christmas Parade

Yes, I know Halloween hasn't even come yet and I am posting about Christmas. I have a good reason though.

This year, as in years past, Emily's Girl Scout Troop (Troop 54) will be paritcipating in The Anual Middleboro Christmas Parade. Last year, her troop won an award for being one of the best floats in the parade. The theme this year is "Christmas Across America." Knowing the way I work, I will come up with this amazingly awesome idea, two days before the parade. So, this year I'm going to cheat, and ask y'all for any good ideas you might have for a float. Submissions will be accepted for the next few weeks or so...so feel free to chime in!
Update: Forgot to mention, the parade is on Saturday, November 26, and kicks off on Mayflower Street, for those interested parties!

2 comments:

  1. I watched a Middleboro parade once when I was a kid, and it went down Courtland Street and Station Street. We watched it by the Elk's. Since Mayflower Ave. is right across 105 from Courtland, I wonder if it will go Courtland, through Everett Square, and right at 105 and Wareham in the center, back to where it started, or if it will go the opposite direction, or neither of the above so we can't at any point see it and hardly have to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I am trying to remember from last year. I think they went up Mayflower and took a right on to 105. Not sure though...I will check with her leaders and let you know!

    ReplyDelete