Thursday, October 13, 2005

Lazy

Katherine seems to be doing much better today. I didn't send her to school though because I wanted to give her a day at home, eating lightly and resting, just to make sure the random one day bug is gone. I'd rather have her home than have to go all the way to the school to pick her up if she became sick.

Julia will be having her first haircut today! I am getting mine cut too, possibly even getting a new do rather than just a trim. I haven't decided yet though and knowing me, I won't decide until I am in the chair and she has the scissors ready to go!

I am hoping to actually get some things done around here today. I feel like I have been working my butt off everyday trying to get organized and now, the motivation is slowly slipping away. That and the fact that my leg still isn't feeling too great have made me lazier than usual. It (my leg) is definitely better and I have definitely gained some range of motion, but it still seems to stiffen up if I don't move it around frequently, and I still can't raise it enough to reach down and put socks on, for example. I haven't been wearing the knee brace much over the past couple of days but it has been a neccesity at night. I can't seem to get comfortable without it.

I have an appointment tonight (meeting with Emily's counselor to discuss what has been going on before we schedule Emily's first appointment). I feel weird talking about Emily in front of Emily so I thought this would be the best way to handle it. I am hoping that this counseling thing will be a good thing for her and I. It has certainly helped me personally more than I could even begin to describe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment