Thursday, October 27, 2005

Smarty Pants

I ended up sending Katherine (who had a much better night once the doc prescribed Robitussin with codeine) to school. She was not happy about it but, so far no word from the school so I guess all is well. I did call the nurse and give her a heads up though. I told her that she had a rough start and that this morning, she woke up all out of it and had that fruity smell on her breath. I tested her sugar and it was 60. After eating, I re-tested and it was on the way up (it was 80). I told the nurse to re-test only if Katherine came in to see her but otherwise, not to (unless she had some other reason to believe there was a need to...this is "Nazi" nurse so I am sure she'll find some reason!).

This cold was a doozy, let me tell you. Not only does her belly hurt from the strain of coughing, but her nose and lips are completely chapped, and she still, even days later is very pale. Let's all say a quick prayer that no one else in the fam gets it, k? Realistically, because this is the way it always goes, Emily and Julia will be next, followed by Ryun, then me, who will get the worst of it. Why do I get it last and worst? Worst? Because I am so darn tired and worn out from taking care of every one else, so I have no energy to fight it off. Last? God knows that I have to take care of everyone else, so He makes sure to spare me til everyone else is over it. He's smart like that.

Still, if y'all want to send healthy vibes this way, I won't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment