Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Songs That Get Me Teary Eyed Everytime I Hear Them

"I Loved Her First" By Heartland. Click here to listen.

It makes me cry for a couple of reasons...one should be obvious. I can so see the father-daughter dances in the future. For some reason, I see this as being the song that Ryun and Emily dance to specifically. It also reminds me of my relationship with my own father who is just the best father like, ever.

"Remember When" by Alan Jackson. Click here to listen.

You know that dance they do at weddings? "If you've been married for a day, step off of the floor. Married less than five years, step off the floor etc." Someday, I want Ryun and I to be the last ones left on the floor, with this amazing song playing in the background.

"My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. Click here to listen.

I just love this song. It reminds of everything I hope will come true in my own life, and in the lives of those I love.

"In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride. Click here to listen.

Listen to it. You'll know why.

"That's What Friends Are For" by Dionne Warwick and the gang. Click here to listen.

This song has special meaning to me for many reasons. First and formost probably, would be that it was the song that Ryun and I danced to for our last dance of our wedding night. Next, when my best friend in all of the world moved out of our neighborhood when I was a kid, this song was playing on the radio as they pulled out of their driveway. FYI...we are still friends today, 29 years after we first met as kids. It also reminds me of one of the best family vacations ever as a child. My parents took us all to California to visit my aunt. One of the things we did was go in to a professional recording studio and make a tape of all of us singing. This was the song we chose. We called ourselves "The Carver Connection." We were so cool.

The next two songs are strictly just because they are beautiful. Tear jerkingly beautiful.

Josh Groban's version of "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring." Click here to listen.

Josh Groban's version of "O Holy Night." Click here to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment