Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Missing LDL

Last night, I worked at the PTA table at the LDL School Open House. This was where Katherine went to kindergarten.

I had the chance to catch up with Mrs. L, the principal, and she asked how Katherine was doing. I told her about how much Katherine seems to love first grade and how this year has gotten off to such a much better start than last (no sending her on the bus in tears, no daily phone calls from Nurse Jamie etc). You all know how impressed I have been with the school principals knowing my kids names and it's not because they have been in trouble. Well, Mrs. L even remembered who Katherine had for a teacher last year and told me to make sure I popped in to her classroom and told her how well Katherine was doing. Now that's impressive.

There were a couple of other mothers there who volunteered to work the table at the LDL for the same reasons I did: I miss having a student there.

You walk in to the school and you just feel good about sending your child there, without having talked to anyone or even really looked at anything. It's just a feeling that's present as soon as you step through the door.

When we were leaving, Mrs. L cemented that feeling by saying this:

"Come back and visit anytime. Remember, this was your first home."

No comments:

Post a Comment