Thursday, October 26, 2006

Milestones

I had intended to elaborate a little more on the entry a few days ago, announcing the 5th anniversary of my foray in to blogging, but I have just been straight out busy and am not finding the time until now.

I was thinking actually, about how different my life is now than it was 5 short years ago. I can't beleive how much time changes things, how much it has changed me personally.

While I tend not to get overly personal here, blogging has become a fantastic outlet for me, even if it is just to share my everyday life, with the occassional rant or bitch session thrown in for good measure. Aside from all that, five years of blogging= a lot of history. Think about it: Emily was just 4 when I started, Katherine 2, and Julia? At that point she wasn't even a thought. Ryun and I were married for just three years, we lived in a different town. I'm not going to lie: occasionally, I go back and read my own archives. It helps me remember the good and the bad and it gives me a measureable way of looking at how far I have come. My blogs have been similar to my scrapbooks: personal journals of rememberance, created and designed by me.

Five years is a short time in the "real world", but in "blogworld" five years is a HUGE milestone...one that I am proud to reach and one that I hope to surpass by many, many more years.

1 comment: