Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More Information...

...regarding services for Rob.

(copied directly from Gut Rumbles).

Because the comments here have become so extensive, there is information in them that folks might appreciate, but will have trouble finding, so I'm going to pull some of it out here.

* There will be a memorial service for Rob at 4 pm on Thursday, June 29th, at Fox & Weeks on Hodgson Memorial Drive in Savannah, followed by a gathering of friends and family to celebrate Rob's life.
* In lieu of flowers, please donate to the American Diabetes Association, 5105 Paulsen St., Suite C-236, Savannah, GA 31405.
* Rob's obituary is online at the Fox and Week site, and there is a guestbook and email address there for condolences.
* It was Rob's expressly stated wish that Gut Rumbles remain online, and I will see to it that his legacy is preserved.


A previous entry mentioned that some sort of online memorial was being planned, which I am anxious to hear the details of as I obviously, will not be able to make the trip to Savannah.

I don't know why this is so strange feeling. I guess it's because I have never actually met Rob in person that I am feeling weird about "how I feel."

Like many, I am mourning someone I have never met, but who's writing and passing have influenced me in ways I was never expecting.

If you are interested in hearing a sample of Rob's music (both guitar and voice) click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment