Saturday, June 3, 2006

Digital Camera

My sister and her husband just gave me a very early birthday/Christmas present...a $200 gift card to Best Buy so that I can finally upgrade to a newer model digital camera! How awesome is that?

The current camera I have is fine but it doesn't do well at night and sometimes, the pictures aren't all that clear.

So, I am looking to all of you for advice and thoughts about purchasing a new one.

As you all know, I am very much in to photography...and love taking pictures of my kids as well as things in nature.

The only real requirements I have...good zoom capabilities, some sort of night time flash type setting, and video recording with audio. I am not looking for a camcorder, just a regular camera that films too.

What do you all have? Do you like it? What don't you like about it?

We can spend maybe $50-100 over the $200 gift card (thanks to some over time Ryun had) so that should give you an idea as far as pricing.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. The camera I have is a Kodak. It takes
    really nice pictures considering it was only around $250. 6.1 Mega pixel in the highest mode. It has a huge screen on the back. Its nice because you can just point shoot, or use the manual controls and focus yourself.
    I think the biggest difference between this camera and others I have used is that it has a better lens. I have the Kodak Easyshare Z760. You can go to Kodak.com and look at it if you like. I don't have alot of exp with others expect that I have had 2 HP camera's for work and both of them have broken in less then a year. So I can only say how much I like the camera I have. They also go through battery's like mad. The one I have comes with a rechargible battery and charger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of them! Could you have Suzanne call my sister, my birthday is in two months! LOL.
    We have an Olympus camera, I'm happy with it, but I don't know much about it.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete