Thursday, December 21, 2006

Yup, I'm Back

As I was decorating the tree tonight I couldn't help but think of those trees that look like they were picked right up off of the department store floor, brought home, and deposited right in to the livingroom. You know the trees I am talking about...the ones that look, well, just perfect, with matching ornaments, coordinating tinsel and garland, and lights adjusted just so. The ones that have not a single thing out of place.

And you know what I thought? There isn't a tree nicer than one that holds ornaments handmade by your children from year to year. Nothing says Christmas like your kid coming home, bursting at the seams to show you the ornament they made for you, and then, proudly displaying it on the tree, front and center of course, so everyone can see. I am sorry but it just doesn't get any better than that.

And yes, the spirit of the season has finally found it's way home to my heart.

Just in the nick of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment