Sunday, December 31, 2006

Execution

Although we don't talk about the war much here, Emily is aware, on a very basic level what it's all about. She hears the news, and I am sure, in 4th grade, they have addressed it on a level understandable to a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds.

So yesterday morning, she came downstairs and told me excitedly, "My earing fell out over night and I put it back in this morning with no trouble at all! This means I don't have to sleep with them in any more!"

(She has had to keep her earings in 24/7 for longer than most people who have just gotten them pierced usually do as they would close up a little if she left them out for any length of time. She was excited to see that apparently this is not the case anymore)

Anyway, I mentioned outloud to Ryun tha Sadaam had been executed.

What did Emily do?

She let out a little cheer and said, "Now that's even better news than my earing falling out!"

"Yes it is, Emily, yes it is," I said.

Is it wrong to cheer someone's death? Not in this case it isn't.

1 comment:

  1. .... well, Emily was half-right..... it is not always good to celebrate the death of a dickhead... but she DID pick a dickhead whose death was worthy of celebrating.....

    E

    ReplyDelete