Monday, December 11, 2006

Does anyone know...

...if there is a website out there anywhere that could tell me what I could make with ingredients I have on hand?

For example, I say I have eggs, chicken, onion , bread, and carrots (random ingredients) and the website says, "Hey you can make this!"

Just curious if one such site existed.

I am being lazy, really. I have a lia sophia meeting tonight and I need to bring an appetizer. I just don't feel like going out to the store!

Like I said, lazy!

3 comments:

  1. I usually Google, adding the word recipe, and see what comes up that I needn't buy anything for or that I can adapt.

    However, I seem to recall you could do that with Epicurious (Epicurius?). Then again, maybe it didn't have the limiting thing.

    If you just Google and then find a lot of them come up including a specific ingredient you lack, you can always try again explicitly removing that ingredient. Say you don't have oranges, you'd search flour chicken raspberry butter -orange (for example) to bring results that don't say orange or oranges in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, but how do you like Blogger Beta? I've been half tempted to set a blog up just to play with the thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. make a bread dressing with the bread, onions, and eggs, stuff the yardbird with it and bake it. Dice the rabbit food and boil it and maybe add a wee bit of Splenda after cooked for sweetener. Serve with a BIG glass of ice tea...

    ReplyDelete