Friday, December 15, 2006

She NEVER Ceases To Amaze Me

When we moved in to this house last year, Ryun found an old (but working) air hockey table in the garage. It had everything except the puck and paddles, which Ryun went and got on his way home from work yesterday.

So last night, while I was out at my meeting, he and the girls (except for Julia who was in bed) went downstairs to play it. Apparently, Emily hit the puck too hard for Katherine's liking and she was afraid and angry (she threw the paddle on the floor and it broke which is a whole other story). Anyway, while Katherine was in major meltdown mode, Emily siad to Ryun (quiet enough so Katherine couldn't hear), "Oh my God, Dad, she's pathologically afraid of everything."

Her vocabulary amazes me. How the heck did she know how to use that word and use it appropriately? I can tell you it sure as hell isn't a vocabulary word she studies at school. When it comes to her reading, writing, English, and spelling skills, I can honestly say, I have no concern!

No comments:

Post a Comment