Friday, August 18, 2006

World Trade Center

I went to see it last weekend with my sister. It was very well done. I can't really say much because I was so impressed that I am actually at a loss for words, but I can tell you that I remember thinking through the whole movie, "Oh my God, this really happened." It was different than watching say, a WWII movie or an accounting of some other "real" story in a way that I can't explain. Maybe it was because it actually happened in my life time? I don't know.


There were many parts of the movie that struck me, too numerous to mention all of them here. One part that continues to stand out though was in the beginning of the movie, when they showed the people of New York going about their business (shutting the alarm off, brushing their teeth, hopping on the subway, driving their cars, the blue sky...everything), unaware that their lives, the world actually, was about to be changed forever. It was really rather powerful.

Yes, it was a tear jerker, although I had no doubt it would be. I have never, ever left a movie theater full of people in which no one was talking upon leaving. With the exception of shuffling feet and perhaps a crunch of that last bite of popcorn, you could have heard a pin drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment