Friday, August 18, 2006

More On Our Stay

I had mentioned in a previous entry that I was worried about keeping Julia entertained while she was in the hospital. I couldn't imagine her being confined to a crib for the better part of three days without going crazy. Apparently, my worry was for nothing. She was perfect, really. We did manage to get her out and "unplugged" so that she could spend some time in the playroom next door and then again, when my father came to visit and we were able to take her down to the cafeteria for dinner. Other than that, she was basically in her crib or in my arms for the entire time. I brought a couple of small toys from home which was a good idea on my part and of course, there was a tv in the room. Thank God for Dora, Barney, and the Doodlebops(I never thought I would actually be saying that).

As usual, I was very impressed with our whole experience there. They do such a good job of accomodating your every need, and I love how "kid-friendly" they are. I know it is a Children's Hospital, but I feel like even given that, they go above and beyond.

We were visited every morning by "the team." Children's is a teaching hospital so the team consisted of an attending, resident, intern and even a student of neurology over at Harvard Medical School. The student was a very good looking guy from Chile who, coincidently, Julia responded best to (what can I say, she has good taste)! Something else that struck me about him (besides his dashing good looks!) was that he actually apologized for his not being able to speak English very well. I thought he did a very good job actually but my first thought was, "These are the kind of immigrants we need, ones that apologize for not learning our language rather than get mad at us for not learning theirs."

So, coming as no surprise I am sure, I took pictures!




She still managed a smile, even after being so confined for so long!



As you can tell, Children's leaves no chance for possible escape!



It's not often that I get to see Julia with no hair whatsoever on her face. Look at her. She's such an angel.



Surprisingly, falling asleep posed no difficulty at all for Julia. I thought for sure the combination of being in a strange place, with all of those wires on her head, and limited mobility would make sleep hard. Guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment