Monday, August 14, 2006

Murphy's Law

Have a million things to blog about: have no time to blog.

Have nothing to blog about: have all the time in the world to blog.

Me, I am going through the first thing right now. I have a lot to say, and not a heck of a lot of time to say it.

Tomorrow is Julia's overnight EEG. We have to be there at 2 and I won't be home until sometime the next day, probably late afternoon. I am looking forward to getting this over and done with, and am praying that the abnormal EEG she had back a few months ago was just a one time freak thing.

I am getting a little anxious about the whole thing, not because I am afraid of the results (like I have said in the past...for me, knowing is half of the battle), but because I amnot sure what I am going to do to keep her entertained. Emily was easy...she colored, painted the wall, read, watched tv. Sitting around really isn't hard for a nine year old. An active two year old who has become recently fond of running, climbing, and getting in to all sorts of "not supposed to get in to" type of things...not so easy. I am also pretty sure that I will not be able to leave her for even a quick trip to the kitchen on the floor without her freaking. She has become quite attached to me lately and is going through the "cry when Mommy leaves her sight" stage. It's cute and I love that she loves me so much but it will make for a difficult hospital stay no doubt. I will probably just end up bringing a few food items with me to eat and ordering a little extra for her so we can share. Needless to say any food that can be packed in a suitcase isn't exactly going to be healthy in nature, but what else can I do?

Anyway, I didn't mean to go off on a tangent there...was basically trying to say that I will be incommunicado over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment