Friday, August 4, 2006

Lighthouse

The other night, my parents, grandmother, sister Heather and my Aunt Susan and her son Sean went to The Gateway Tavern in Wareham for dinner. The Gateway is this fabulous restaurant/bar on Route 6 in Wareham. The food is always excellent and the service is great. It is right across the street from another fabulous local hot spot, Kool Kone. Kool Kone, as may be implied by the name is an icecream shop but also serves such things has hotdogs, fish and chips, and small meals of that nature.

Anyway, after a nice dinner (I had the italian sampler and after I was done still had a lot left to bring home and enjoy for lunch the next day), we went to Mattapoiset to check out the lighthouse. It was pretty cool, not that lighthouses are something that can't be seen frequently around these parts. Still it was nice. We got a bit lost on the way there, otherwise we would have made it just in time for sunset. I did manage to get this picture though, which looks nice witht e pink /orange clouds behind it.



I could have stayed for hours taking pictures of the harbor, the beach, and more of the lighthouse. It was a very pretty area.

1 comment:

  1. Kool Kone used to be awesome but now the fish is not so good. My son still likes it

    ReplyDelete